Listen, Audio Everywhere AE 2 Channel (mono) Wi-Fi Server
An affordable and reliable way to meet ADA assistive listening requirements, the Audio Everywhere from Listen Technologies MX5-1 is one of the most popular audio streaming systems available. By connecting to your existing internet service and streaming directly to users through the mobile app, the MX5 reduces startup and equipment costs while offering reliable, easy-to-install assistive listening service.
The MX5-1 supports
- Low latency audio streaming from one (stereo) or two (mono) sources. Latency is typically a fraction of a syllable.
- The system is FCC and CE-Mark certified and RoHS complaint.
- Power: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz. The system uses 4 W of power or less. The power connector is a standard microUSB connector.
- Connects to 100 baseT or 1000 baseT (gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45.
- Provides for in-app
- Branding with the venue name and image
- Scanning banners
- Hosting pdf documents
- Welcome image or video
- Click through capability to URLs
- Flexible mechanisms for IP address assignment, e.g., DHCP, static, reserved.
- Flexible assignment of QoS/ToS audio packet prioritization
- Either stereo analog or TOSLINK digital optical inputs. TOSLINK can be either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
- Up to 150 client phones and tablets. There is also a “plus” version that handles up to 500 clients.
- Up to two MX5-1 units fit on a 1U 19” rack shelf.
The system requires:
- Audio Everywhere from Listen Technologies apps for Android or iOS. These Apps are available for free from the corresponding App Store.
- Enterprise-grade wireless access points supporting 802.11n or better with WMM prioritization enabled.
- Either one line level source for each audio input. Uses RCA connectors for either one stereo (default) or two mono connections.
- Or one TOSLINK digital optical source for PCM or S/PDIF input.
Cloud-based management allows for simple management of the system, including updates and customization options. Additionally, in-app functions let you create custom welcome messages, videos, banners, and more, all providing another point of contact with your clients and customers.
|Custom channel labels||yes||yes|
|Pre-roll image or video||yes||yes|
|Scanning banners with click through||yes||no|
|Offers with click through to pdf or URL||yes||no|
|Channel gain control||yes||yes|
|Channel latency control||yes||yes|
|IP address assignment via DHCP or static IP||yes||yes|
|Custom ToS/QoS tagging||yes||yes|
|One-input system stereo or 2xmono||yes||yes|
|Will work without an Internet connection||yes||yes|
The Cloud interface available with the MX5 model line can be used to control audio volume to boost low sources (in 6 dB increments up to 24 dB) and to add latency in 10 ms increments up to 3 seconds.
“Persistent” means that that function will work when not connected to the Internet.
The MX5 interoperates seamlessly with MX3 units.