Listen, Audio Everywhere AE 4 Channel (mono) Wi-Fi Server
MX3-4, Server model
Multiple-input capabilities combined with the processing power to easily stream audio makes the MX3-4, -8, -12, -16 a perfect solution for venues, events, and businesses. The choice of several channel input capabilities allow you to offer language interpretation or multiple television/music feeds simultaneously, all without any reduction in audio stream quality. From sporting events to conferences, concerts, and more, the MX3-Series is a leading choice for streaming audio and assistive listening systems.
- Low latency audio streaming from line-level sources. Latency is typically a fraction of a syllable. Input type is 3.5 mm stereo jack.
- Available in multiples of four inputs
- Modes are
- Stereo sum-to-mono (default).
- Balanced differential (requires internal jumper change). Great for long runs.
- True Stereo (Each stereo input uses two input jacks in mono or balanced jumper configuration)
- Connects to 100 baseT or 1000 baseT (gigabit) Ethernet via RJ45.
- Flexible mechanisms for IP address assignment, e.g., DHCP, static, reserved.
- Flexible assignment of QoS/ToS audio packet prioritization
- Multiple ExXtractors can be combined in an Ethernet switch to increase the inputs to 32, 48, or more input systems. Thus a 24-input system would take 2U.
- Enterprise capable, handles multiple LANs and VLANs in an enterprise
Power, regulatory, physical
- The system is FCC and CE-Mark certified and RoHS complaint.
- Power: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz. The system uses 6 W of power or less.
- Fits in a 1U rack space
In-App Branding and Marketing
- Branding with the enterprise name and image
- Scanning banners
- Hosting pdf documents
- Welcome image or welcome video
Click through capability to URLs
The system requires:
- Audio Everywhere from Listen Technologies apps for Android or iOS. These Apps are available for free from the corresponding App Store.
- Enterprise-grade wireless access points supporting 802.11n or better with WMM prioritization enabled.
- One line level source for each audio input.
Though not needed for the basic system, Internet access is required to support some of the in-app marketing functions. Internet access is also required for an array of advanced features including remote software updates, error logs, remote channel label editing, audio level and delay adjustment, etc. Note that these adjustments can be made persistent before the system is connected to an autonomous network, if required for security, for instance.
The Server takes inline level inputs, converts them from analog to digital, compresses and packetizes them and streams them out over Ethernet to the enterprise’s Wi-Fi access points and from there to iOS and Android phones provisioned with the free Audio Everywhere from Listen Technologies App. Each client phone or tablet uses less than about 175 kbps of local bandwidth and we can reduce this number with more compression if required. Typical latencies are a fraction of a syllable, depending on the access points and phone model. When connected to the Internet, the system is managed from the Audio Everywhere from Listen Technologies Cloud Server via a browser interface.
|Custom channel labels||yes||yes|
|Pre-roll image or video||yes||yes|
|Scanning banners with click through||yes||no|
|Offers with click through to pdf or URL||yes||no|
|Channel gain control||yes||yes|
|Channel latency control||yes||yes|
|IP address assignment via DHCP or static IP||yes||yes|
|Custom ToS/QoS tagging||yes||yes|
|Systems with 4 or more inputs rack mounted||yes||yes|
|Will work without an Internet connection||yes||yes|